Migrate your sites from b2evolution to WordPress in minutes.
This utility will help you migrate your sites from b2evolution to WordPress in minutes, no matter the size of or the number of posts you have. The script imports b2evolution blogs, categories, posts, comments, files and users into existing WordPress system. The target WordPress system does not need to be brand new (although it is recommended). Existing content will not be removed or modified in any way.
BIMP Importer script has an extensive list of options allowing you to fine-tune the import process to your needs. If you're looking for an easy yet powerful solution to migrate your b2evolution system to WordPress, this script is for you. It will make roughly 99% of the job required to migrate your b2evolution sites to WordPress, all you will need to do is make a few changes to your theme, and adjust .htaccess rules to properly redirect imported images. Your old back-links and page ranks will not be lost.
BIMP Importer started as a simple helper script back in 2013 and since then emerged into a powerful standalone utility. The author of this script has created more than 50 plugins for b2evolution and WordPress.
Screenshots and Demo
Requirements and limitations
- b2evolution v3.0 and higher (tested up to v6)
- WordPress v3.0 and higher (full support for latest version)
- PHP 5.6+
- Installation of several FREE third-party plugins is necessary to utilize all features
- Post attachments feature requires b2evolution
/media folder be present in the root directory of WordPress system
- Import b2evolution blogs as sites in WordPress Multisite Network
- Import b2evolution blogs as top level categories
- Import b2evolution link blogs as WordPress "Links"
- Import categories with their names, slugs, descriptions
- Import full categories hierarchy (parents and their sub-categories)
- Import all post types: regular posts, pages, intro posts, featured posts, image posts, podcasts and sidebar links. Option to handle post types not supported by WordPress
- Import all post statuses. Option to handle statuses not supported by WordPress
- Import post tags, excerpts, meta title, meta description and other related information
- Import b2evolution users, their logins, passwords and other personal information
- Import post attachments, add them to WordPress Media library and attach to respective posts
- Import teaser images as featured images
- Imported attachments may be set up to be displayed as galleries inside their posts, preserving location (teaser / after more) and image order
- Organize attachments into folders by year
- Select individual blogs to import, or all at the same time
- Search and replace post links and image URLs so they point to correct WordPress directories
- Automatically replace absolute URLs from old domain with relative URLs
- Automatically fix media links, tag links
.evocache links to original image links
?mtime=12345678 parameters from image links
- Powerful regular expression search and replace feature for advanced users
- Optionally reset user passwords. Imported users will be prompted to confirm their emails and enter new passwords
- The import process is handled by native WordPress functions, imported content if fully checked just as if it was originally created in WordPress
- b2evolution and target WordPress installation do not need located on the same server or share the same database
- WordPress system does not need to be brand new, existing posts, categories and other information will be preserved
- Extremely detailed reports will help you review the import and locate any potantial problems
Anonymous: It works perfectly as described: from b2evolution 3.3.3 to WordPress 3.3.2 in a minute!!!!
Emin: I had the chance to try this one before it was released, for regular b2 blogs it should make the migration a breeze, ie; you will be done before you know it (:
Paul: That worked like a charm and I have my site imported into word press. Thanks a lot for all your assistance and making the script. It was worth every penny and saved me lot of work.
Richard: That worked brilliantly (after I figured out that the blog ID integer was not the default "1" for me). I'm glad it worked and very happy to pay/recommend to friends.
Anibal: Alex is a good professional, and the importer ran fine. My site is now under WordPress perfectly. Thank you very much.
- Install or update to the latest version of WordPress.
- Upload the
bimp-importer folder into your WordPress root directory, same where your
wp-config.php file is.
- Edit b2evolution directory path variable (optional) so the script can detect and prefill b2evolution settings for you.
- Open the script at
- Modify "Initial settings" if needed
- Select what you want to import
- Click the start button and enjoy!
- Install and activate Yoast SEO plugin, then remove
/category/ prefix from URLs as described here ».
- Move b2evolution
/media directory into
/wp-content/uploads/media. This is needed to preserve the files that were inserted in the posts but not attached.
If it Fails
- If you don't see a message "Everything is done" at the end - it means the script timed-out or failed.
- Increase PHP memory limit and execution time, increase web server/proxy timeouts, disable more unused thumbnails (see #6 above).
- Then restore WordPress DB from backup, remove the
/wp-content/uploads directory and try again.
How people find this page
- b2evolution to wordpress import
- importing a b2evolution install into wordpress
- importing from b2evolution to wordpress
- converting b2evolution to wordpress
- migrate from b2evolution to wordpress
- export data from b2evolution and import into wordpress
- convert a b2evolution blog to wordpress